Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not Again

I am the weepy type; always have been, always will be.

It's my genes. I try very hard not to be, but sometimes I just can't help it.

I remember when my uncle Chris was moving to Florida. I had just gotten into art, and I wanted to draw him a picture for his new house.

Chris was always the one who encouraged the artist in me. He bought me a nice set of paints for my birthday one year. He told me to always practice and to never do drugs.

I drew him a picture. The colors were good, and the shading was perfect. My Mom and I went shopping for a frame. I framed it, wrapped it, and took it to the family dinner at Grandpa's house that night.

At dinner I gave it to my uncle, he loved it, and thanked me profusely.

And I lost it.

Tears of happiness, love, joy, well wishes, and gratitude to be sure... but still tears.

So in this tear-free medium, I want to express my happiness, love, joy well wishes, and most of all gratitude to all the people in my life who stand by my side in solidarity.

2 comments:

  1. Once I was asked to define love and it came out something like this; an intense feeling that when allowed to grow, fills you up inside and spills out your eyes.

    ReplyDelete