Friday, September 11, 2009
Because of Lance
Coffee Shop Manifesto
I have been to many coffee shops. I have seen what they can be, and what they can become.
I have realized that with love, dedication, and time a coffee shop can be a community center. A coffee shop can be that place where "everybody knows your name." A coffee shop can be a forum for life in all of its shades and forms. Sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, and soul.
This is what I am in love with.
I have decided that this is my calling.
My coffee shop will:
1. be welcoming
2. encourage hugs
3. have good coffee
4. have two copies of the newspaper
5. offer a student discount
6. have movie nights
7. offer a free cup of coffee and a pastry to anyone willing to play an instrument
8. have an extensive library of books
9. have a "give one; take one" book exchange system
10. have poetry slams
11. have community potlucks in the park during the summer
12. have all night "studythons" during finals week
13. have a "work for your coffee option"
14. maintain environmentally friendly behaviors
15. have a great sound system
16. have a "I bought a cup for you board"
17. have regular employee appreciation dinners
18. encourage impromptu dancing/singing
19. encourage openness, respect, and conversation
20. have a customer of the month award
21. have a bucket of dog treats on site for any dog out on a walk
Posted by Scotty